[CQ-Contest] [Contest] 2020 June VHF Contest

fabio.grisafi at libero.it fabio.grisafi at libero.it
Wed Jun 10 13:13:41 EDT 2020

I agree but:

- the digital mode activity is growing due to its possibilities;

- in few years there will be much more activity on FT8/FT4 than on other modes (expecially if they will find a way to reduce QRM due to single frequency congestion);

So, I think in VHF Contests, it will be right to have a MIXED MODE CATEGORY (SSB/CW/DIGITAL) and SINGLE MODE CATEGORY (SSB/CW/DIGITAL) but ENANCHING QSO POINTS for SSB/CW QSOs.

If not done, detractors will remain alone calling CQ and spending a lot of power on desert frequencies as you can see these days on VHF (50 and 144 MHz): Es QSOs are almost 90% FT8/FT4 even if it is convenient to operate high speed SSB in short openings.

This is what I think. My one euro cent!

73 de Fabio, IT9GSF.