[CQ-Contest] CQM Adjudication

ShelbyK4WW shelbyk4ww at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:38:41 EDT 2020

"Judging is carried out only on the received LOGs = if a participant
doesn’t submit the log, then other participants will have no QSO point nor
multiplier point credits for the QSOs with him!"

As this was a "first time ever" to actually participate, not just make a
few contacts, I find the unique approach toward scoring, indefensible? I
had no idea that all those contacts that I made, in previous years, were of
no value because I didn't submit a log? I had several "lower than 20"
numbers received this year, at a point in the contest that, most numbers
would have been much higher. Several "lower than 5"! Do I expect those
"casual" stations to submit a log? Not a chance? I'm sure that whether I
choose to participate next year will have very little bearing on any other
stations score. Possibly some members of CQM contest committee will see
this, and offer some logical explanation? Please don't insult me with "it
eliminates cheating"! When the time comes that I become seriously concerned
that another station is cheating, it will be time for me to do something
else! I believe that the vast majority of the contest community is honest?
Why subject the vast majority to the unethical scruples of the
minuscule minority?
Everyone stay safe

73, Shelby - K4WW
As I don't have an iPad nor iPhone, sent from my PC