[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2021

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Nov 16 11:48:26 EST 2020

I am sorry to see the unassisted category eliminated from the WPX
contests.  It was so much fun!  I imagine that CQWW will eventually do
the same.

John KK9A

Bud Trench aa3b wrote:

QSO alerting systems will now be permitted in all CQ WW WPX SSB and CW
Single Operator categories, except the Single Operator Classic Overlay
categories.  This change also results in elimination of the requirement for
audio recordings.  The drivers for combining the Single Op Assisted and
Unassisted categories include:

The Single Operator Classic Overlay categories will continue to prohibit the
use of QSO alerting systems and should be considered by participants
preferring to be unassisted.  Also, the maximum operating time for Single
Operator Classic Overlay participants has been reduced from 36 to 24 hours.
Further, the Multi-Operator Single Transmitter High and Low Power Classic
Overlay categories have been removed from the rules.

73,

Bud Trench, AA3B

Director, CQ WPX Contest