[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in

Edward Sawyer EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com
Mon Nov 16 15:38:05 EST 2020

Personally - I don't think the Assisted vs Unassisted matters much in WPX. If you aren't running, you are losing, in that contest.  It might help a small amount grabbing some unusual prefixes, but its not a "game changer" in my opinion.

For CQ WW DX, I would be really disappointed if the 2 categories were to be merged.  It's a completely different game doing unassisted vs assisted in CQ WW DX.

I will be staying unassisted in these contests even if the categories merge.  And I don't want to limit my operating time to 24 hours or kill the use of the SO2R.

I think the reasons stated for merging are bogus.  If someone is that worried about cheating, just enter in assisted and don't worry about it.  That what you will end up doing with the categories merged anyway.

73

Ed  N1UR