[CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

ku8e ku8e at ku8e.com
Mon Nov 16 21:16:08 EST 2020

Bud,With all due respect I checked the CQ WPX database for the 2020 contests for both modes and there were more SO unassisted entries on both modes then there were for SO assisted . In fact on SSB there were 3041 entries in the SO low power category alone. That's double of any other category. I would be OK with the Classic category as long as would stay the same as it is now - 36 hours and both HP and LP categories.  Also the rules should be written for not what the top competitors want but for everyone.Jeff KU8E Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Bud Trench <aa3b.bud at gmail.com> Date: 11/16/20  8:47 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cq-contest at contesting.com Subject: [CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW The rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW are now posted at the CQ WW WPX Website <https://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm >. The creation of the Multi-Transmitter Distributed category was triggered bythe significant reductions in Multi-operator entries in 2020 as a result ofCOVID-19.  Further, it is fully anticipated that COVID-19 will impact theheritage multi-op participants again in 2021.  I view 2021 as a test casefor the Multi-Transmitter Distributed category, from which we will makeadjustments based on lessons learned. The reasons for allowing QSO alerting systems in all Single Op Categories(except the Classic Overlay) have been provided.  I am particularly excitedabout the possibilities of increased levels of performance (and scores) inthe Single Operator categories now that QSO alerting systems are availableto all competitors.  How will the top Single Ops from previous years adjusttheir operating strategies given that all competitors can leverage increasedaccess to multipliers and high valued QSOs resulting from QSO alertingsystems?  The possibilities are intriguing. I anticipated that some participants would prefer to have the option tocompete without using QSO alerting system, so the Single Op Classic Overlaywas continued after its inaugural authorization in the 2020 WPX contests. The Single Op Classic Overlay category, which was first introduced in WPX in2020, was shortened from 36 hours to 24 hours to be consistent with theClassic Overlay category definition used in CQ WW DX.   The Single OpClassic Overlay continues to support separate scoring and awards in the HighPower and Low Power categories. 73, Bud AA3B _______________________________________________CQ-Contest mailing listCQ-Contest at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest