[CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

Bud Trench aa3b.bud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 20:26:14 EST 2020

The rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW are now posted at the CQ WW WPX Website <
https://www.cqwpx.com/rules.htm >.

The creation of the Multi-Transmitter Distributed category was triggered by
the significant reductions in Multi-operator entries in 2020 as a result of
COVID-19.  Further, it is fully anticipated that COVID-19 will impact the
heritage multi-op participants again in 2021.  I view 2021 as a test case
for the Multi-Transmitter Distributed category, from which we will make
adjustments based on lessons learned.

The reasons for allowing QSO alerting systems in all Single Op Categories
(except the Classic Overlay) have been provided.  I am particularly excited
about the possibilities of increased levels of performance (and scores) in
the Single Operator categories now that QSO alerting systems are available
to all competitors.  How will the top Single Ops from previous years adjust
their operating strategies given that all competitors can leverage increased
access to multipliers and high valued QSOs resulting from QSO alerting
systems?  The possibilities are intriguing.

I anticipated that some participants would prefer to have the option to
compete without using QSO alerting system, so the Single Op Classic Overlay
was continued after its inaugural authorization in the 2020 WPX contests.

The Single Op Classic Overlay category, which was first introduced in WPX in
2020, was shortened from 36 hours to 24 hours to be consistent with the
Classic Overlay category definition used in CQ WW DX.   The Single Op
Classic Overlay continues to support separate scoring and awards in the High
Power and Low Power categories.

73,

Bud AA3B