[CQ-Contest] Should SO and SOA be combined? Randy's survey 2015

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 12:02:58 EST 2020

I agree with Ria's comments.
And any major changes to the categories or rules should have been openly discussed and brought up prior to being dictated as adopted.
I have entered SOAHP now for 10yrs plus but at least if I WANTED to I could have entered SO HP. Why the need to suddenly merge or eliminate a category? Keep all existing categories as is.
It would be fine to create new categories to attract more beginners or contesters who may have limited time.
For example, the TB-Wires and Rookie overlays are excellent in this regard. How about another entry for 12-hours both SO and SOA mainly for casual ops/beginners?
I don't see a down side to keeping existing categories and even expanding by adding a couple more to get even more activity.
To me eliminating or merging a popular category that has many standing records is a step backwards.
And how will those existing records be handled? Suddenly retired or what?

73 to all,
Darrell AB2E