[CQ-Contest] Non-Contester's Experience from a Rare Mult in Sweepstakes

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Sun Nov 22 21:51:46 EST 2020

Thought I'd share the following message I received from a non-contester regarding his experience in the recent Sweepstakes Phone contest.

Despite adverse conditions and a storm that blew thru 2 weeks ago
taking down all antennas, I made an effort to get on. Not because I
like contests but because I know some folks like getting the Yukon or
'NT' mult. Parts of it were OK, but when a mega station comes on and
asks me to 'move' (apparently because my weaky watt 200w Plus and a
dipole arrangement is disturbing him on 20 and later 40, its a bit
rich. I guess the VY1! call is a threat to the big 'W'
stn...whatever. sorry to those of you who I was unable to work or
hear...the challenges or Aurora and North of 60 conditions