[CQ-Contest] Non-Contester's Experience from a Rare Mult in Sweepstakes

Mike DeChristopher mfdechristopher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:13:44 EST 2020

A big thanks to the VY1 guys for getting on! K1NZ and I expected NT to
be the real struggle, but they called us within the first ~2 hours.

Sunday morning, all we had left were PE and, perhaps inexplicably, QC.
I tuned across a PE with a giant pile (he might as well have been on
Navassa) and heard "Am I really the only PE on?! It's sideband!" I
fought out the pileup and he turned out to be the only PE we worked.

QC was our last section -- go figure. They called us for the sweep
sometime later Sunday morning. Then, of course, we immediately worked
about 20 more QC.

Thanks to all of the casual contesters and the downright
non-contesters who were good sports. It made for a fun Sunday!

73,
Mike, N1TA
(Op at WA1J multi)

Mike