[CQ-Contest] DSP units with great noise reduction

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Oct 22 14:09:34 EDT 2020

On 10/22/2020 6:36 AM, Martin, LU5DX wrote:
> FTDX3000D.
> This rig is great.

Not for your neighbors on the air when you're running SSB -- its IMD
generates splatter on SSB and clicks on CW that make your signal 3 times
wider than it should be. I discovered the SSB problem when trying to
work a station that one of these rigs was killing with splatter, and
asked what rig the guy was using. This is not ESSB -- the splatter is
both on the suppressed side of the carrier and for equivalent bandwidth
above the active sideband!

I agree that the DX Eng NCC1 and NCC2 units are excellent for the lower
bands. See my measurements of my NCC1 in http://k9yc.com/VE3DO.pdf
beginning with slide 92. It's most effective below 20M.

73, Jim K9YC