[CQ-Contest] N7MOT/DU6? DU6/N7MOT

Hans Brakob kzerohb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:10:31 EDT 2020

Lighten up people!

>From the beginning of time the popular format was “W1ABC portable XY1” on phone, or “W1ABC/XY1” on Morse/RTTY.

Then a few years ago, about the time the Palos Verde Sundancers retired, the ITU suggested a different format of “XY1/W1ABC”.  (For what it’s worth, that has not been universally adopted.  If I operate from Manitoba, by USA and Canadian regulation I am required to sign “K0HB/VE4”.)

In any case, everyone with more than one contest under their belt fully understands either format, and there is no intent to deceive by slipping into an “old fashioned” habit of ID.

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

73, de Hans, KØHB
“Just a Boy and his Radio”™