[CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone (if you never used it, you just don't "get it")

Douglas Zwiebel dougzzz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:55:50 EDT 2020

 NN3W is right on target.

The BEST (most impressive) feature for me was that it "knew" propagation
(Rich said this).

It was just so cool to work EU from "NJ" on the high bands as the "sun
rose" and signals got stronger and more of them.  And if you went to 80m at
high noon (as Rich also said), you got hiss.  LOL  Amazing!  Maybe my
memory is embellishing things, but I think that "deep Russian" (UA0Y) on 20
were "watery" too.

I only sat with it at Dayton and there was a human pileup waiting, so I
didn't sit there nearly as long as I would have liked to.  But in that
short amount of time, wow.

Clearly, those of us who used it, really remember it and remember it
fondly.  I remember thinking that when the real bands are dead, this would
be a lot more fun.

OK, enough nostalgia.

de Doug KR2Q