[CQ-Contest] IC-7300 VS IC-7410

Paul Young k1xm at k1xm.org
Thu Apr 1 12:25:21 EDT 2021

If your operation is 5A and you are the only CW station you will always be
on the same band as a phone station.  You can have a K3 with the new
synthesizers but if the phone station is running an IC-7300 or something
else with bad transmit phase noise they will make your life miserable.

If you really want to be successful you need to be involved in the
selection of the phone radios.

    Paul, K1XM

The phone station on the same band will likely be using a radio with
significant phase noise and they will wipe out the band.