[CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update

Michael Walker va3mw at portcredit.net
Thu Apr 1 20:55:03 EDT 2021

Jim

I love what you say 99% of the time and often you beat me to it as you know.

How is a DM any different than a Multi-Multi (ok, there is a big
difference) but you get the idea.   The number of operators you are going
to work is the same except no one is getting on a plane to go do it.

Does it make them feel better?  Why do you care?  :)   If it makes
someone's day who normally can't afford 7 days vacation and the cost to fly
to some MM and they have fun for 1 contest a year, then it is a win.  Be
happy for their happiness.   Recognize the technology advancements.

As grumpy old farts (most of us) it is hard being grumpy 100% of the time.
I can see people's cortisol levels spiking!  LOL

Would you not like to operate from the East coast once or twice just so you
were part of the eastern wall rather than fighting to get over it. Maybe
enjoy a huge run rate for a while?

I think it is a great idea and the impact is minimal.    Besides, look at
all the youths (and I mean youths) that had a blast doing it.

Would the decision be the same if you were 20 again and part of it?  Or,
would you shoot it down?  Remember when we always wanted to dig  into
something new?

What does bug me is the unassisted / assisted combining.

Mike va3mw