[CQ-Contest] Spacing note for RBN users

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 15:06:05 EDT 2021

Hi Joe - to be honest with you, I don't know.  The details of VE3NEA's
decoding algorithms are proprietary.  Just from experience, I'd say that
the most important thing is to be regular, and not to drop spaces
between words.  Longer spaces between words than normal probably
shouldn't be a problem.  I know that too much speed variation in a
single transmission can be a problem, but I'd be surprised if the sort
of variations you describe will be an issue.

The best way to be sure, of course, is to try them on the air, while
watching the RBN web site.  You should be able to tell quickly if there
is an issue with a particular technique.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.