[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW - Rules Changes Needed

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 8 18:10:56 EDT 2021

Hi Drew,

I'm really happy to see your reply. I was in the middle of typing one
when I saw yours, which articulates everything that NAQP and the Stew
Perry are all about! And yes, it was an eye-opener when I figured out
that I could create my own bandmap in N1MM without the help of a cluster
or Skimmer.

BTW -- learning to operate with low power and/or lousy antennas is
another very important learned skill. You have to learn how to operate
when you're weak, how to play propagation, which stations are likely to
respond, not linger when they don't, how to time your call, come back
when they're not busy.

When I bother to work major DX contests, I do it QRP to challenge myself
and my antennas. Thanks to their badly skewed scoring rules, the only
major international contests I work are the WPX events, where stations
who aren't around the Atlantic basin are competitive.

73, Jim K9YC