[CQ-Contest] LeagueLobby

Jack Schuster w1wef3 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 13:55:35 EDT 2021

Hi Jim. Cant remember whether the lobby had any interesting memorabilia
anymore the last time I was there (pre covid) but at least ten years ago I
received a phone call from my high school (c 1953) buddy  W1WEO. We had
lost contact for about 50 yrs and when we got together for lunch. John now
looked just like I remembered his father. John asked me if I wanted a
transmitter that he found in the attic, built by his father. I remembered
seeing it when he was working on it, and his craftsmanship was a true work
of art. I suggested giving it to the League  and they displayed it in a
showcase in the lobby for about 5 years as an example of a beautiful
example of ham workmanship.. It's too bad the League never attached a
museum to W1AW!  73   JACK W1WEF