[CQ-Contest] RTTY contesting; filters

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 16 20:18:02 EST 2021

On 2/16/2021 1:27 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
> I do like lower tones and typically use 915/1085 which is less fatiguing
> over long periods.  OTOH, their TX audio harmonic is still within the normal
> 2 kHz bandwidth for SSB transmitters when transmitting AFSK.  Not a problem
> for those of us using FSK.

And not a problem if audio levels are set properly. There's an app note
on my website that describes several good ways to do it, depending on
what you have available to check it. Those instructions are on page 3.

http://k9yc.com/USB_Interfaces.pdf

While the document is mainly describing USB audio interfaces, setting
levels are the same if you're using the computer's built-in audio
interface.

73, Jim K9YC