[CQ-Contest] Getting Spotted by the RBN in Contests

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 11:02:27 EST 2021

Something worth knowing - the *default* configuration for CW Skimmer
Server limits CW segments to the first 70 KHz of each band , except for
160, where the top edge is set at 1840.  Many nodes are still running
the default, so stations CQing above 070 (040 on 160 meters) during the
contest will be less well-spotted.  I have just attempted to get more
RBN-ops to extend their coverage, but I'm afraid it may be a little late
in the game.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.