[CQ-Contest] Rules document change

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 12:27:24 EST 2021

Paul, N1SFE, the Contest Manager at ARRL, just sent me an e-mail, not
copied to the reflector, saying that he had fixed the rules to make it
clear that single band entries cannot be assisted.  I'm glad he did it,
but the question is, why the limitation in the first place?  I wonder if
it is just an artifact from the days when "assistance = sin" in the eyes
of some.

By the way, I notice that Assisted ops won the US/VE Single Op HP and LP
categories outright last year.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.