[CQ-Contest] 419A Bandpass Filter - Value?

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 19:33:51 EST 2021

 I have four of them.  They were used on various DXpeditions, and were invaluable during simultaneous use of two transmitters.  I gave two away and still have the other two.  Original price was greater than $400 (cannot recall actual price).  These units have a serious limitation when used with high VSWR antennas (such as multi-band verticals and dipoles).  Running more that 100 watts will blow the network caps.  All of my 419's have been repaired several times, and I keep replacement caps on hand.  I found a fix for the 10 meter network that allows operation up to 200 watts even with high VSWR.
I would ask at least $300.
73, Keith NM5G
    On Friday, February 19, 2021, 04:28:29 PM CST, Jim Brown <k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 2/19/2021 10:06 AM, n5xz at earthlink.net wrote:
>  What is it worth today?

Not much -- it's a poor design, under-designed for power, easily blown
up, hard to repair. Here's a report I prepared for National Contest
Journal after measuring all those I could get my hands on from NCCC members.

http://k9yc.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf

73, Jim K9YC