[CQ-Contest] 419A Bandpass Filter - Value?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Feb 20 11:10:54 EST 2021

Indeed ICE filters were problematic, especially on 10m. I found Dunestar 600
to be very reliable and easy to control with a band decoder. The owner is a
silent key so I am not sure of their availability now. VA6AM makes very nice
filters and he is a super guy to work with.

John KK9A

Jim Brown k9yc wrote:

Not much -- it's a poor design, under-designed for power, easily blown
up, hard to repair. Here's a report I prepared for National Contest
Journal after measuring all those I could get my hands on from NCCC members.

http://k9yc.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf

73, Jim K9YC