[CQ-Contest] Do you have A/C in your shack?

ktfrog007 at aol.com ktfrog007 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 15:36:25 EDT 2021

Hi Mike,
I live in the inner Boston metro area and suffer pretty much the same problems you described. I also don't thrive in the heat and humidity.  Two summers back a neighbor who was moving gave me two 5000 BTU window ACs for helping look after her house while it was empty.  I put one in the shack and have never looked back.  It made all the difference in the world.
It happened to have a remote, which I thought was frivolous, but I find I use it all the time.
I run the AC only when it's needed, which is often this year.  I stay quite comfortable when operating and contesting.  It's fairly quiet and the sound doesn't bother me.
I'm sure you made a wise purchase and will live a life of comfort and ease and see your contest scores make a quantum leap.
73,Ken, AB1J