[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX CW rubberish CW numbers?

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Thu Jun 3 06:16:43 EDT 2021

Rag - I heard that on several signals in the WPX, had to ask for repeats.  I think these days that kind of blurry/rubberish CW keying usually turns out to be someone operating remotely, vs. a software keying/timing problem.
Often, the remote connection has variably latency and the pauses between elements and letters gets distorted in many cases. The culprit is usually a wireless ISP and/or a wireless LAN (or two) in the loop. The Remote Rig boxes are particularly susceptible to high jitter impacting CW.
73 John K3TN