[CQ-Contest] You gotta let me know, should M/M Distributed stay or g

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Fri Jun 4 12:04:02 EDT 2021

It's spelled out in the WPX rules but I think the general rule that says
/"A maximum of six transmitted signals, one per band at any one time,
from stations in different locations." /contradicts what rule X.G
says/which is excluded in /Multi-Transmitter Distributed//. //
It also appears after reading the rules which exclude X.G that a lockout
device is not required? That would mean you could only have one of you
stations calling CQ on a specific band but your other stations at a
different location can call and work other stations on the same band
without a lockout as long as they don't call CQ.  See rule X.H
concerning calling CQ on a band which does apply to Multi-Transmitter
Distributed

Jeff

/4. Multi-Transmitter Distributed (MULTI-DISTRIBUTED): A maximum of six
transmitted signals, one per band at any one time, from stations in
different locations. All equipment (transmitters, receivers, amplifiers,
antennas, etc.) must be located in same DXCC entity and CQ Zone,
including remotely controlled equipment. Six bands may be activated
simultaneously. Use a separate serial number sequence for each band.
Total output power of each transmitted signal must not exceed 1500
watts. The Cabrillo log header must include the following lines:
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: MULTI-OP, CATEGORY-STATION: DISTRIBUTED. //*Rules
X.E, X.F and X.G do not apply to this category.*/

/
/

/*X. GENERAL RULES FOR ALL ENTRANTS:*//*
*//
//A. Entrants must operate within the limits of their chosen category
when performing any activity that could affect their submitted score.//
//
//B. A different callsign must be used for each entry. Only the
entrant’s callsign may be used to aid the entrant’s score.//
//
//C. Do not exceed the total output power limitation of the chosen
category on any band. Total output power on any band at any time is
measured at the final output of the active amplifier(s).//
//
//D. Self-spotting or asking to be spotted is not permitted.//
//
//E//. All operation must take place from one station location. Remote
operation is permitted if the physical location of all transmitters,
receivers, and antennas are at one station location. A remotely operated
station must obey all station license, operator license, and category
limitations. The call sign used must be one issued or permitted by the
Regulatory Authority of the station location.//
//
//F. Remote receivers outside the station location are not permitted./

/G. Only one signal on a band is allowed at any time. When two or more
transmitters are present on the same band, a hardware device MUST be
used to prevent more than one signal at any one time.//
//
//*H. Alternating CQs on two or more frequencies on a band is not
permitted.*//*
*//
//I. All requests for contacts, responses to calls, and copying of call
signs and contest exchanges must be accomplished during the contest
period using the mode and frequencies of the contest.//
//
//J. Correction of logged call signs and exchanges after the contest by
using any database, recordings, email or other methods of confirming
QSOs is not allowed.//
//
//K. Call signs logged must be the same as those exchanged over the air
by the entrants during the QSO.//
//
//L. For ITU Region 1 stations: transmitting on the 40m band, above 7200
KHz during the SSB (phone) contest weekend is not permitted.//
//
//M. For ITU Region 1 stations: transmitting below 1810 KHz during the
contest weekends is not permitted./

Jeff