[CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

Courtney Judd k4wi at k4wi.net
Sat Jun 19 19:21:55 EDT 2021

I am with you 110% Kostas on the ft8 bullcrap. I have spent years and
thousands of hours since 1959 achieving my goals and consider that time
some of the best time spent in my life. I have 355 DXCC... all
worked/confirmed and 8 band dxcc.... working on 12 and 6 meter DXCC
which I would have by now if it wasn't for the non-human junk. If one
thinks that his digi equates to my human-2-human accomplishments, then
so good for him but not even close in my book. I no longer compete in
any contest where digi goes head to head with regular human modes. If
one needs Alabama, Marengo County or EM62, you will need to do CW/SSB/
or RTTY.  FT8 should not be in any real mode contests.... have digital
tests if that works for you but it will never count much for me....
yeah... just call me a grumpy old man!  73's Cort K4WI