[CQ-Contest] Contesting and the FT8 Revolution

wa1fcn wa1fcn at charter.net
Sat Jun 19 20:46:50 EDT 2021

     GE Kostas

         I just wanted you to know you are not the only one to feel bad
about DXCC.

             In the past couple years a few people have E-Mailed me
about their feelings

              in regards to DXCC.   The ARRL has destroyed the value of
DXCC.  It has taken

             me a lifetime (over 50years) to achieve DXCC of 285 on 40
meters low power.

             They should of separated FT8/FT4 from all other modes in
Single band DXCC.

             DX with FT8 is fishing in a barrel. Can you imagine the
DXCC totals on 12 and 10

             meters when the Sunspot cycle improves!  Where is the
challenge now?!  There

             is none!  I can go on to other FT8 minuses like how it
destroyed RTTY, how it has

             made some hams lazy and see no need to put any effort into
becoming a more

             proficient operator in other modes.

                 Ok Kostas I will stop now as I am sure I offended
enough hams already.

                                 73   BoB WA1FCN