[CQ-Contest] The 2021 Unassisted Challenge

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 16 14:58:54 EDT 2021

On 3/16/2021 10:31 AM, Jeff Clarke wrote:
> Unfortunately all the rules for just about every major contest are
> written for the benefit of those on the east coast corridor. For the
> rest of us in flyover county if we make a suggestion our ideas are
> disregarded and we are told to shut up and stop complaining.

YES! And unless/until that changes, thousands of operators around the
world who don't live close to the Atlantic basin will continue to sit
out those contests or utilize island stations like Jeff and John do to
fit themselves into the favored region. The only time in the last ten
years I've taken one of these contests seriously was with Jeff, John,
and N3ZZ at PJ4.

73, Jim K9YC