[CQ-Contest] In Band or Out Of Band

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Mar 29 21:12:01 EDT 2021

If I am running EU on 7080kHz SSB or 14.114MHz SSB , it is not my concern if
USA stations call me. I'll work'm.

That's on THEM and the FCC. (and contest adjudicators doing log checking -
perhaps?)

I am not going to stop my pileup, explain why I can't/won't work them and
tell them they are operating outside their license.

I've tried that a few times over the years, very politely I might add and
all I ever got back 90% of the time was an earful of colourful mouthyness
for my advice.  I've even had W's call & QRM me (without using their
callsign) and use disgraceful language for me running DX where they can't.
That's between you fellas and the FCC.

My license tells me that I am allowed to be there.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB