[CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update

py2led at fuertesind.com.br py2led at fuertesind.com.br
Wed Mar 31 20:36:59 EDT 2021

Hello ham friends, Good evening!

I would like to share our experience on this MM Distributed last weekend from Brazil where we used PS2T special callsign.

We organized our join on this category 2 weeks before the contest. From only 3 stations and 11 operators we covered from 10 to 80m.

The spirit of competition, joining forces with your country friends carrying your country flag into the top scores was an amazing experience.

We make a trial, without the available remote technology to cover all the Brazilian territory.  Each of the 3 stations running it´s normal radio´s (FTdx101D, FTdx5000, K3, FT1000MP, TS590S and TS590SG) with DXLog Free and Very nice software with VPN network hosted in one server was enough to control everything.  Internal chat´s was good to make our "interlock" when on same frequency. Sometimes I was listening stations on 10 meters and the other Distributed running station could not listen. So just send a message into GAB´s window to stop and let me work that station and/or multiplier. Of course is using Serial Interlock this is much faster and productive. Only a single idea about how funny and crazy this operation can be.

Can you image the limits of this category?   For example in PYland, we can have 160m, 80m and 40m located in the extreme North at Amapa´s State (Border with Guyana and Suriname) to bring a lot of 6 points QSOs from EU and USA mixed with other station members at same bands and frequency in other areas.  Someone can´t listen but the other can and Bingo....one more qso in the log.   20m in the middle of country, 15m at Southest and 10m at extreme South in Rio Grande do Sul near Uruguai.

With planning, very nice scores can be achieved. Each country members knows it´s potential. But to make this possible, some common things must connect the group as UNION, FRIENDSHIP, ORGANIZATION and other.

I fully respect all individual opinions. That is no RIGHT or WRONG.  For me, this category is very modern and brings challenges. If you like, jump on it. If not, no problem, just make the qso.

73´s and see you on air.

Fernando / PY2LED / PX2A