[CQ-Contest] 2020 Oceania DX Contest results

bdm556 at bigpond.com bdm556 at bigpond.com
Sat May 1 05:45:24 EDT 2021

Hi everyone

The Oceania DX (OCDX) Contest Committee is pleased to announce that the
final results for the 2020 OCDX contest are now published on our website at
www.oceaniadxcontest.com <http://www.oceaniadxcontest.com>  .

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to everyone who
participated in this 75th running of the event, which was originally
initiated by the WIA and NZART in 1935 as the VK/ZL International DX
contest.

We had an amazing turnout despite the mediocre conditions and lack of
DXpedition activity due to COVID travel restrictions. A total of 1603 logs
were submitted, consisting of 897 Phone logs and 706 CW logs, which is 300
more than the previous record of 1303 logs in 2017. So this was the biggest
OCDX party ever and a great way to celebrate the 75th anniversary!

The full report on the contest, including the detailed results for all
entrants and summaries of the winners and those who set new records, is now
published on our web site under the Results
<https://www.oceaniadxcontest.com/category/results> tab.

In the 2020 contest we trialled bringing forward the contest start and end
times by two hours - from 08:00 UTC to 06:00 UTC. The earlier start and end
times seemed to be successful as 2020 participation was well up on previous
years and we have not received any concerns from entrants about the change.
Given this outcome, the Contest Committee has decided to continue with the
earlier times and the 2021 contest will be held over the first two full
weekends of October as follows:

Phone Section: 06:00 UTC Saturday 2 October to 06:00 UTC Sunday 3 October
2021

CW Section: 06:00 UTC Saturday 9 October to 06:00 UTC Sunday 10 October 2021

The 2021 contest rules will be published on our web site in the next couple
of weeks.

We hope to see you again in October!

73 from

OCDX Contest Committee (Mike ZL1AXG, Geoff ZL3GA, Lee VK3GK, Phil VK4FH,
Brian VK3MI/ZL1AZE, Tony VK3TZ, Mike VK4QS, Grant VK5GR, Martin VK7GN,
Karsono YB0NDT)