[CQ-Contest] Last CD Party?

Jeff Clarke ku8e at ku8e.com
Mon May 17 12:47:12 EDT 2021

I remember the smoke filled room at the ARRL National convention in
Louisville, KY (back in the 1990's ?) where the concept of the NAQP was
conceived. The ARRL CD parties had just been discontinued and discussion
was going on in the contest suite about a replacement for it. I seem to
remember maybe K8CC, K5ZD and others came up with the idea and drafted
the rules for the 1st NAQP. At first there was only a CW NAQP but SSB
contest was added later.

Jeff KU8E