[CQ-Contest] CQ WW DX SSB Midwest vs East Coast

Weisz László ha3nu at tolna.net
Thu Nov 11 03:03:14 EST 2021

"the problem is often between the chair and the transceiver"

Yes of course this top contester told the true, I agree, but there is
the word: often...
With respect of top contester, I admire lot's of them...
I do not consider myself a top contester but I think not so bad that at
17-18z when 9A1P made 230+ QSO I was able to made only 80 QSO. I made
2898 QSO, 9A1P made 3193 QSO, so I lost 150 QSO of 300 within one hour,
that is the point. 200 miles not too much but counts much in the last
1-2 hours when eg. a band closes. This time I used a 5 ele monobander
21mH (hilltop location, clear shot to USA/JA).
the other point: ".... it's better for central EU to work Asia/JA so..."
Never forget you can win a contest with USA/Eu stations. I made 1200 USA
and 300 JA in the contest, that means to me, to be closer to USA is much
more advantage than to be closer to JA.

73 Lacy HA3NU