[CQ-Contest] Wireless keyboards and RFI

John Geiger af5cc2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:27:35 EDT 2021

I had to buy a new keyboard for the office computer recently, which shares
a room with the shack, and that keyboard quits working when I transmit on
certain bands.  I have to restart the computer to get the keyboard working
again.  I guess that is what I get for buying the cheapest keyboard
available at the discount store.  I put a torrid on its cable before
hooking it to the computer for the first time, but that doesn't seem to
help.

Since most list members have a computer with their radio, what is your
experience with wireless keyboards?  Are they less affected by RFI since
they don't have a long wire to serve as an antenna?  Any bad experiences
using them in the shack?

73 John AF5CC