[CQ-Contest] SAC CW 18-19th September

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:53:46 EDT 2021

To change SAC from working only Scandinavians to work anyone, does not
automatically mean a worse contest.

It all depends on the scale of points for different contacts. For instance,
15 points for SAC-countries, 2 point for DX and 1 point for own continent.

Also the multiplier scheme adds to maintaining Scandinavians as the main
target. Just keep Scandinavian call areas as multipliers and make
non-Scandinavian countries useful to gather points but not multipliers.

As a winner of SAC several times from Non-SAC territories, I really support
a revision of the rules. With lacking participation from SAC (both amount
of stations and average duration of operation), SAC has become a VERY slow
activity for Non-Scandinavians, especially those who work 24 hours.

A work all concept would be very beneficial to always have stations to
work, but still maintaining focus for Non-Scandinavians.

Also 160 meters should be added to give one more band.

A one weekend event with both SSB and CW (either as single modes or mixed
entries), is also a way to boost rare and activity.

Looking forward to a SAC remake in 2022. With Marty OH2BH in the SAC CC, I
have good hope something more thrilling will come out next year). Until
then, casual operation in SAC 2021 from my side.

73 de RM2D (SM6LRR)