[CQ-Contest] Typing in A Contest....

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Apr 2 22:22:39 EDT 2022

A typed word is considered to be five characters long. Many callsigns also
have five characters so we can call that a word. So you are already typing
at 15 WPM that is a QSO rate of 900/hour.

John KK9A

Joe WB9SBD wrote:

My speed QSO rate in a contest is totally limited by my lack of typing
skills now.
In my head I can easily do 40 WPM, But my typing skills are lucky to be
15 WPM!
Of course Phone, is Phone, But even in CW, I know for sure my typing
ability is my speed limit.
I use both hands, and am a one or sometimes two finger and thumbs for
the space-bar typer.
And I know it is slowing me down.
So, I finally made the decision to learn,, well practice how to "Touch
Type" again.
In high school I took a typing class. 1972. Easy credit. So I know the
basics like the "Home Row" Etc.