[CQ-Contest] Explorer Category - CQ WW

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:02:57 EST 2022

I never paid any attention to this but was looking at 3830 Scores and that category is first on the list.  For lack of anything better to do at the moment, I looked at the rules.

Holy crap! You could have someone operating from a rare one in the Indian Ocean receiving on Beverages in the United States, hanging out double mults to stations that could have never been heard by the guy in the rare location without the USA RX setup.

I’m sure this has all been discussed before.  I would not call what I described as a two way contact via amateur radio.

Having a distributed M/M operation seems like a good thing for the hobby.  Allowing the use of remote receivers is an embarrassment and should be eliminated, in my opinion.

73…Stan, K5GO