[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting gotcha

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:11:46 EST 2022

I suspect that many of us filter incoming spots so we will only see
those originating where we can also reasonably expect to hear the
spotted station.  For example, I only see spots from states surrounding
mine.  Presumably, a self-spot coming from station X will appear on the
cluster network as originating at Station X's location, rather than at a
distant location where Station X might logically be heard.

In a way, this goes right to the principle that self-spotting violates ,
by making the self-spotted station be the spotter, rather than someone
actually receiving its signal.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.