[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting gotcha

dimitri cosson dimitri.cosson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:25:04 EST 2022

Hi guys,

<<<I think it’s a BIG mistake to filter spots to only allow spots from close by stations.  I would not trust the “neighbors’ (or for that matter one only a thousand miles away) crappy antenna on his skimmer RX to hear what I hear.  Perhaps with a bigger antenna but there are lots of times I have worked stations that are not even spotted on this continent.

Totally agree with Stan, NEVER filter RBN spots and you 'll be surprised by what you're able to hear/work while it was spotted from another continent. It's how I'm contesting as assisted and, even as low power entry, it allows me to work many multipliers not spotted from EU.

73, Dimitri F4DSK/ TM3Z

⁣Transmited from my Morse Telegraph​