[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting gotcha

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 3 18:23:29 EST 2022

On 12/3/2022 11:20 AM, Jim McDonald wrote:
> Another reason to get spots from farther away is to see spots of stations in your skip zone, so you don't QRM them by picking a run frequency close to them.

I strongly agree. I'm near San Francisco. My filters, using VE7CC's
CCluster, accepts spots from all states and provinces west of the
Rockies, KH6, KL7, and W3LPL. This gets me spots of stations in my skip
zone, as well as stations competing with me from the other direction --
for example, stations in EU or AS that I can't hear.

In N1MM, I will see the source of the spot and other info by hovering
the cursor over it on the bandmap or the Available Mults & Qs window.

73, Jim K9YC