[CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

Jamie WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Thu Feb 17 08:48:24 EST 2022

the low power guys DO have a chance.....its called timing, propagation,
improving your station......I was LP for years, still am in most
instances.....it makes you a better op......now Sunday, lets say in ARRL
DX, that rare African gets spotted, and the pile up is huge.....doe LP
have a chance? Yes, but obviously not as good as if they ran 2 KW into 4
over 4 over 4........but...timing, XIT, all can make a difference......I
guess what I am trying to say is, adding the ability to self spot or
stream, doesnt change what happens during that African DX pileup.....