[CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

Alan Higbie alan.higbie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:51:34 EST 2022

Will those stations permitted to self-spot start using automatic posting
applications?  How often would they post?

Will the Reverse Beacon Network be able to handle the additional spots?

Will the RBN devise a filter to reduce the self-spotting traffic?  Would
such filtering be considered ‘unfair’ to the self-spotters?

And, what is the point of spotting yourself if you haven’t been heard and
spotted by any of the multitude of skimmer linked to the system? If none of
those have received your signal - what advantage is there to posting
yourself?

~ Alan K0AV