[CQ-Contest] Contesting/Computer glasses?

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Feb 18 07:37:07 EST 2022

Gary,

At 58 I am starting to rely more on 1.0X or even 1.5X reading glasses to
read small font on a soup can or even email on my smart phone.

At times, when my eyes are tired, I use 0.5x (half power) glasses to read a
(laptop) computer screen aprox 33" from my eyes when I am contesting.  I am
not an optometrist but seems to me, the less the power, the farther away I
can see clearly.

Even my 1.0X power glasses won't work from 33" away, but the 0.5X seem to
work just fine.

In 5 yrs, as my eyes get worse, I may need to look at something else for a
solution (no pun intended)

Not sure if this is what you're after, but it works for me.

GL

Mike VE9AA "NB"

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB

I remember several years ago that there was an online source for computer

glasses for contesting.  The ones that focus a couple feet out as opposed to

readers.I tried searching the archives but couldn't find the company.Any

help?73,Gary K9GS