[CQ-Contest] Contesting/Computer glasses?

Chuck Gooden Chuck.Gooden at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 14:06:27 EST 2022

Get an exact measurement of the distance your computer screens are away
from your eyes when contesting.  Take this measurement to your eye
doctor and he can write a prescription for a pair of glasses.  Don't
guess at the distance.  There are places that grind lenses on site and
it only takes about an hour.  The grinding is all done by a computer
controlled system.  Pick out a cheap frame and you should be happy with
the result.

We are all getting old and an eye exam would be a good idea even if you
do not need glasses.

The other alternative if to increase the text size on the screen by
holding down the CTRL key and move the mouse wheel.  Or mount the
monitor on a moveable arm and bring it closer when contesting.

Chuck K9LC