[CQ-Contest] Contesting/Computer glasses?

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Feb 21 13:29:57 EST 2022

Years ago, when I started using progressive bifocals, it was clear that
they were not good for some activities, including using computers. I
just asked my optometrist for 3 prescriptions: reading, computer
screens, and distance. (The distance glasses are for night driving.)
Since I'm very nearsighted, I have to use prescription glasses.
Originally, the computer glasses were focused at 22 inches, but as
screen resolution has improved, I moved closer, about 16 inches. Any
optometrist who has recently tested your vision can write a prescription
for any distance you choose. You can get single-distance glasses very
cheaply from the discount opticians, if you're not too fussy about the
frames.

73,
Scott K9MA

--