[CQ-Contest] You're invited to participate in our 2022 ARRL Field Day Survey

Jahnke, Bart, W9JJ w9jj at arrl.org
Wed Jan 5 11:22:05 EST 2022

Dear ARRL Field Day Participant,

As a participating station or group during 2020 and 2021 ARRL Field Day, the ARRL Programs and Services Committee is seeking your input as we develop Field Day Rules for 2022 and beyond.

Specifically, as we look toward 2022 Field Day, there may continue to be health and social distancing concerns in June 2022 during the ongoing world pandemic. For 2023 and beyond the assumption is made that the pandemic will be over, and COVID-related restrictions will be back to pre-pandemic norms.

During 2020 and 2021, ARRL permitted a couple basic accommodations during the COVID outbreak. These were:

- to permit participants to operate from their home stations (who could not or did not socially gather) to allow them to continue to be able to contribute to their local club's Field Day effort by contributing their individual scores (attained while operating from their home stations {typically using their own personal call signs}) to an overall club aggregate score. The score they contributed was combined together with other members' scores to achieve an overall final club score. The overall club aggregate score was then listed in the final ARRL Field Day results summary in QST, and on the ARRL website;

- to allow Class D home stations to contact other Class D home stations for points credit;

- and (added in 2021) to limit Class D (home commercial power) and Class E (home non-commercial power) stations to a maximum transmitter output power of 150 watts PEP (Low Power), in order that such well-established home stations (with modest-to-high gain antenna systems, utilizing up to the legal 1500 watt limit) did not overpower Class A, B, C or F (portable, mobile or EOC) stations while on crowded bands.

The survey can be accessed via this link   https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2022-ARRL-Field-Day-Survey

ARRL would like your opinions on the following by January 16, 2022.  You may direct any question to contests at arrl.org<mailto:contests at arrl.org>

This survey will close on January 17, 2022.

Thank you for participating in the survey!

73,

Bart Jahnke, W9JJ
Radiosport Manager
ARRL  The national association for Amateur Radio(r)
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1400
Telephone: 860-594-0272
bjahnke at arrl.org<mailto:bjahnke at arrl.org>