[CQ-Contest] Remote operating software - for NCJ column

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:38:46 EST 2022

 From the number of comments I've received, both on the reflector and
off, it appears that a prime subject these days is remote operation.  I
did a little a few years ago using a
Remoterig box to connect my K-3 to another at W4RN.  It worked, but was
a little cumbersome, and in the meantime I  got a tower up and stopped
doing that.

So, the question is, if you operate remotely, what
hardware/software/radio combination do you use, and how do you like it?
What problems have you encountered and what solutions have you found?
If you'd rather not have your comments sourced to you by name/callsign,
please be sure to let me know so that I can respect your wishes.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.