[CQ-Contest] Remote operating software - for NCJ column

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 16:34:03 EST 2022

Gee Paul, and to think I almost missed this because, for the last 5
years, I've had my e-mail software send your e-mails straight to the
trash-bin.  As I recall, that was in reaction to other specific,
personally-nasty comments in the past.

To be clear, I was responding om CQ-Contest to several people who
expressed specific interest in remote operating, while nobody mentioned
call history files in responding my inquiry.  If a similar number had
suggested I take on call history files, he probably would have been
gratified if I responded to them as well.  The growing number of people
using remotely- controlled stations, to judge from  3830scores.com,
suggests that more and more of us, living in circumstances that don't
permit decent antennas, are resorting to remote control to keep
scratching the contesting itch.  As for needing the Internet to
implement remote operation, all I can say is "horrors!"

I don't understand what particular bone Paul has to pick with me, but he
doesn't seem to be able to do so without being snarky, so back to the
trash-bin.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite