[CQ-Contest] Scandanvian propagation question

Courtney Judd k4wi at k4wi.net
Mon Jan 31 07:33:11 EST 2022

I can answer this one for sure... I am located west central Alabama
(32.4/-87.6 ... EM62ef) and working Scandinavia on 10 meters my late
afternoon their darkness was part of my contest game plan. There would
always be 20 or more to work... easy points/mults! Then there was the
very early morning 0900 opening long path to JA/far east over South
Africa and noon openings to VU2. One Sunday afternoon I could pick out a
very faint Q7 calling me.... finally swung the top antenna straight
south over Antarctica  and there was 8Q7 calling me! I sure do miss my
10 mtr stack... 7/7/7/7... the tornadoes that swept thru Alabama in 2011
took it down.... 73's Cort K4WI