[CQ-Contest] SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2022 POISSON D'AVRIL CONTEST

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:29:38 EDT 2022

 This Friday is April1, the traditional date for the legendary Poisson
d'Avril Contest (https://poissondavril.webs.com/). Yeah, we know the rules
on that page are for the 2014 event, but we've been too busy to update the
Web site. Or maybe we've had issues transitioning to a new membership
management system. Whatever.

The Poisson d'Avril Contest Committee has been reviewing certain world
events and the responses and actions taken by various contest sponsors.

After careful consideration of all possible actions, and observing the
actions of some well-known contesters, and current trends in financial
instruments, we have the following comments and special rules for the 2022
Poisson d'Avril contest.

- We recognize the efforts of well-known contester Carsten Dauer, DM9EE, to
organize the collection of needed supplies including medicines, sleeping
bags, and radio gear for the people of Ukraine.

- We observe that non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are being used as fund-raising
instruments. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token

- We observe that the Poisson d'Avril has been won every year (except one)
by the same highly-skilled, suave, debonair, sophisticated, handsome, and
generally modest operator (K1DG).

- Rather than punishing contesters in some countries, we are taking the Fred
Rogers approach <https://www.misterrogers.org/videos/look-for-the-helpers/>
.

Here are the rules for the 2022 Poisson d'Avril Contest -

There are three entry categories:

CHECK LOG

- K1DG's entry will be considered a check log.

All other valid entrants will be declared WINNER and receive a special NFT
(Nicely Flushable Token). Valid entries must choose one of the following
entry categories:

CATEGORY 25

Entrants donating 25 US Dollars via PayPal on April 1 will receive a
personalized 2-ply Genuine Poisson d'Avril Certificate (in the standard
4.5" x 4.5" size). It will be the Good Stuff <https://www.charmin.com/en-us>,
not the cheapo store-brand stuff. Nosirree.

CATEGORY 100

Entrants donating 100 US Dollars via PayPal on April 1 will receive a full
250-sheet roll of "Certificates" (U.S. entrants only...overseas entrants in
this category will receive 10 single certificates because shipping a full
roll is too expensive).

All donations will be forwarded to DM9EE and used to purchase and deliver
supplies directly to assist Ukrainians in need. Donations should be sent
via PayPal to dougk1dg at gmail.com address. A complete list of Winners will
be published next week and the funds transferred to DM9EE.

Help us help DM9EE help Ukrainians.

73 and merci beaucoup,

Doug K1DG
Chairman, Poisson d'Avril Contest
Le Plus Grand Poisson de tous les poissons